chrisfromgreece

Please make a Cinnamon Edition !

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi , i don't like what gnome has become for many reasons but mostly because my amd graphics card(s) hates gnome , i experience laggy 3d effects , when installation occurs it may slow down the system significantly (something that doesn't happen with other des) . 3d performance drops very much on gnome its compositor can't unredirect fullscreen windows and that makes gaming on gnome sucks ,(at least on amd).

From the other hand cinnamon is very nice and fast with smooth 3d effects and it has an option to unredirect fullscreen windows so you have perfect gaming performance.

kyrios

Re: Please make a Cinnamon Edition !

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 pm

chrisfromgreece wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm
Hi , i don't like what gnome has become for many reasons but mostly because my amd graphics card(s) hates gnome , i experience laggy 3d effects , when installation occurs it may slow down the system significantly (something that doesn't happen with other des) . 3d performance drops very much on gnome its compositor can't unredirect fullscreen windows and that makes gaming on gnome sucks ,(at least on amd).

From the other hand cinnamon is very nice and fast with smooth 3d effects and it has an option to unredirect fullscreen windows so you have perfect gaming performance.

There is no plan for a cinnamon edition. MATE is very similar to Cinnamon. Otherwise you can give a try to Budgie or if you can wait, Plasma will follow.

TheBigDuck

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Please focus on other areas of Solus....

Budgie is AWESOME.

If you want Cinnamon, there are like a million other distros that support it.

Just my 2 cents.

DGMurdockIII

Mon May 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Cinnamon is good but not as good as budgie bur still think there should be a Cinnamon Edition of solus

CascadianAaron

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:34 am

I see about as much reason for Solus to make a Cinnamon Edition as Linux Mint to make a Budgie edition. :roll:

Return to “Ideas”