drekbour

solbuild using unreleased builddep

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm packaging my first app with solbuild and it turns out it's not a vanilla one. For a start it requires the 'jam' build tool (alternative to make). So I managed to make a good package.yml for jam and have it installed locally. My problem is that I do not seem to be able to use it as a builddep:

Code: Select all

builddeps  :
    - jam
build      : |
    jam
[BuildDep] Unknown build deps: jam
I'm guessing the chroot doesn't know anything about the work I just did. Do I have to submit 'jam' centrally before I can progress at all?

Code: Select all

Installed package:
Name                : jam, version: 2.6, release: 1
Summary             : Software-build tool, replacement for make
Description         : Jam is a software build tool that makes building simple things simple and building complicated things
                      manageable.
Licenses            : GPL-2.0-only
Component           : system.devel
Dependencies        : glibc 
Distribution        : Solus, Dist. Release: 1
Architecture        : x86_64, Installed Size: 93.00 KB
Reverse Dependencies: 

jam package is not found in binary repositories
jam package is not found in source repositories

kyrios

Re: solbuild using unreleased builddep

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:49 pm

drekbour wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 pm
I'm packaging my first app with solbuild and it turns out it's not a vanilla one. For a start it requires the 'jam' build tool (alternative to make). So I managed to make a good package.yml for jam and have it installed locally. My problem is that I do not seem to be able to use it as a builddep:
Jam is already in the repository, but it's called ftjam. I see your version is newer so if you want something easier to start, perhaps you could submit a patch for updating that package ? :)

Regarding your question, you have to work with a local repository to build a package against dependencies that are not in the Solus repository.

PS: If you plan to submit a new package, make sure the request is approved first.

drekbour

Re: solbuild using unreleased builddep

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm

ftjam is a fork so the versions are not strictly comparable and 2.5.2 appears to still be current. I'm sure it will be sufficient so I'll get back to task #1 which will almost certain require something else so the pointer to local-profile is appreciated.

Return to “Engagement”