dschinn1001

gdm infected ?

Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello - on latest update last week (Thursday - 10th May) all went good with update.

Today, in gnome-login password is accepted, but after short while, then gnome jumps into protected mode and there password is not accepted.

It looks like a worm or a kind of ransomware, but which works not entirely as malware, because hard-disk is encrypted.

a) How can I in protected mode: de-install gnome and gdm - install different window-manager - and then reboot ?!

The idea and hope is, that only gdm or gnome-files are infected

b) ... how can I do this, despite of, that password is not accepted ?!

kerry-s

Re: gdm infected ?

Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm

not likely, more likely something just broke.

have you tried pressing ctrl+alt+f2->f7 to switch to a console?

dschinn1001

Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 pm

The function-keys (keys F1 to F12) are disabled, because my BIOS is deleted already a longer time ago.

It seems, that gnome files are modified somehow ? (gdm or else gnome files?) - because there are time intervalls apparently,
where a sniffing (?) malware is active ? - but this just looks so as if ... - in some time intervalls like now, anything is normal and behaves
as if there is no malware ... but before my Solus-System boots into gdm-login window, there is an alien wallpaper (no sharpe picture) short visible, as if this would come from an apple icloud ???

I know that a blackhat hacker (former friend - today enemy of mine ...) has now an Apple to attack his (Linux) victims.

He purchased even ransomware worms in darknet of Russia... and has already spent about 5.000,- Euro for to attack me, crack me and delete me.
(no success up to today ... )
:D

But it could be, that he has modified some gnome - files ??? ...

Or is at moment simply - gnome a bit broken by development ? - I think there was an attempt of attack ... to place ransomware into gnome files ...

dschinn1001

Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Now some gnome files were updated recently with solus-update on last Thursday.

The cipher-salad in gdm then disappeared and all is working fine again.

The alien wallpaper disappeared too.

A Big Thank you to the maintainers.

Return to “Installation”