Readek

Need SOIL libs, they're not on the repos, can't build them manually

Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm

So a new version of a Brawl mod for dolphin-emu (Legacy XP) came out recently and it now "supports linux". Yesterday I got the mod's custom dolphin (Ishiiruka) build running on my desktop Manjaro installing its missing libs without issues.

So today I wanted to do the same with my Solus laptop, tried to get it running but I get the error of a missing lib called "libSOIL.so.1" so I figured it would be the "Simple Opengl Image Library", something ancient that I already had installed by default on Manjaro but, to my surprise, it wasnt even in the Solus' repositories. So I tried to build it myself, but when running "make", I get this error:

Code: Select all

gcc -O2 -s -Wall -o obj/image_helper.o -c ../../src/image_helper.c
make: gcc: No se encontró el programa ((can't find the program, in spanish))
make: *** [makefile:38: obj/image_helper.o] Error 127
And I have no idea what it means. What can I do now?

kyrios

Re: Need SOIL libs, they're not on the repos, can't build them manually

Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Readek wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
So a new version of a Brawl mod for dolphin-emu (Legacy XP) came out recently and it now "supports linux". Yesterday I got the mod's custom dolphin (Ishiiruka) build running on my desktop Manjaro installing its missing libs without issues.

So today I wanted to do the same with my Solus laptop, tried to get it running but I get the error of a missing lib called "libSOIL.so.1" so I figured it would be the "Simple Opengl Image Library", something ancient that I already had installed by default on Manjaro but, to my surprise, it wasnt even in the Solus' repositories. So I tried to build it myself, but when running "make", I get this error:

gcc -O2 -s -Wall -o obj/image_helper.o -c ../../src/image_helper.c
make: gcc: No se encontró el programa ((can't find the program, in spanish))
make: *** [makefile:38: obj/image_helper.o] Error 127
And I have no idea what it means. What can I do now?

Personally I am not surprised to not find a library that hasn't seen a release since 2008.
If you want to build code, you have to install the system development tools :

sudo eopkg it -c system.devel

Readek

Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately, while I managed to build and install the libraries, it didn't create the needed "libSOIL.so.1" but instead "libSOIL.a". I tried to create a symlink but it gives me this error.

error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libSOIL.so.1: Invalid ELF header
At this point I may just try running the mod on regular master dolphin.

kyrios

Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Readek wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately, while I managed to build and install the libraries, it didn't create the needed "libSOIL.so.1" but instead "libSOIL.a". I tried to create a symlink but it gives me this error.

error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libSOIL.so.1: Invalid ELF header
At this point I may just try running the mod on regular master dolphin.
Make sure mesalib-devel is also installed.
From the src folder, run this command : make -f "../projects/makefile/alternate Makefile.txt"

I haven't tested it... I just had a glance at the ArchLinux and the Fedora packages.

Return to “Hardware”