vrmer

Intel 3160 Wireless Driver Issue

Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 am

Dear everyone,

I changed to Solus three days ago and so far I'm loving it. It is a beautiful, quick and stable OS. However, my laptop (a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1KG) is unable to see or connect to wireless networks. I checked and my driver is an Intel 3160 one. I downloaded the firmware from the Intel website (kernel version 4.1+ for my 4.15 and so kernel) and copied it into /lib/firmware, following the instructions in the README file.

However, the problem wasn't solved. Even though my laptop easily connects to the wired ethernet connection, it is still unable to sense wireless networks. It says that wireless networks are disconnected but they shouldn't be.

Now the readme file also stated that the
Userspace firmware loading support
should be on, but I'm not sure if it's on or where I could turn it on. The file also suggests that:
In addition to having the firmware_class support in your kernel, you must also have a working udev and uevent infrastructure configured.
Can you please help me out on this one? I'm new to Solus and fairly new to Linux in general, so my capabilities are limited.

Return to “Hardware”