helgen

Software suggestions

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm

Hey I was thinking about 2 things I miss in the software centre:

- Under "third party" add Davichi resolve videoeditor. Free final cut pro competition, I followed guides but could not get it to install.

- wine in budgie is a hazzle regarding menus, if i try to modify location in menus (need extra software) but i could not execute after that. Also can't pin. I bookmarked program files folder meanwhile.

- A gimp plugin package similar to what you find in ubuntu, maybe even with some extra solus brushes, gradients etc

- A weather applet + more apps in general for budgie (suspect it will come anyway)

But im very happy with solus, so quick running stable and pretty OS I am seeing it as a potential competitor to osx, it is that good, can't wait to see this mature and solus 4 coming. And rolling release! Wow!! It's a winner!

Thanks guys!!!

kyrios

Re: Software suggestions

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:07 am

helgen wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm
Hey I was thinking about 2 things I miss in the software centre:

- Under "third party" add Davichi resolve videoeditor. Free final cut pro competition, I followed guides but could not get it to install.

- wine in budgie is a hazzle regarding menus, if i try to modify location in menus (need extra software) but i could not execute after that. Also can't pin. I bookmarked program files folder meanwhile.

- A gimp plugin package similar to what you find in ubuntu, maybe even with some extra solus brushes, gradients etc

- A weather applet + more apps in general for budgie (suspect it will come anyway)

But im very happy with solus, so quick running stable and pretty OS I am seeing it as a potential competitor to osx, it is that good, can't wait to see this mature and solus 4 coming. And rolling release! Wow!! It's a winner!

Thanks guys!!!
There are no "apps for budgie" apps are for Linux and they can be used with other Solus flavors (mate, gnome, plasma). There are applets for Budgie however. You can find a weather applet on some unofficial repo (because it hasn't been flagged as stable).

For Gimp, there are a few plug-ins available like G'Mic for example.

Regarding wine, personally I don't see the need for shortcut. Instead make a shortcut for the windows applications you want to use.

Last but not least : if you need a specific application that is not available in the repository and for which there are no equivalent, feel free to make a package request (link in my signature)

Return to “Ideas”