CurtisCraig

Re: VLC problem

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:21 am

Hi,
I do not have this turned on by default.
I have same files names but subtitles don't want to start automaticcly.
Biggest problem I want to solve is really long loading video when I click it.

Cheers

Lorien

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Could it be because of broken packages ?

You could try this in the terminal:

sudo eopkg up (will do a full system update)

then run this:

sudo eopkg check | grep Broken | awk '{print $4}' | xargs sudo eopkg it --reinstall

This will check for broken packages and reinstall if needed.

Are you opening the file from a local harddrive/SSD or a networkdrive/NAS ?

CurtisCraig

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:51 am

Hi,
I have most my data on seccond partition NTFS. I didn't do anything with it when I was installing Solus.
I tryied your code. No change.
Maybe it's problem that partition is not formatted to Linux.
But Gnome MPV is working perfect. I click and movie start.

eddiefoss

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:48 am

Try some combination with [Video > Output] and [Input & Codecs > Hardware Accelerated Decoding], mine was glitching before then I set to openGL output and VA-API over DRM to correct strange behaviors, in my case, it seems that VLC's VDPAU output and decoding doesn't behave well with Radeon and Mesa driver combination.
Every change VLC must be restarted.
And if you have too often gray frames on mkv files [Preferences > All > Input / Codecs] in right side scroll down to [Advanced] and increase [File caching] value, mine is set to 5000 ms (=5 seconds), sometimes decoder can give invalid frames that will glitch when displays.

CurtisCraig

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi,
Video works fine, no glich, no gray. Just when I click it's opening 40s without subtitles. And I can't do nothing with it.
Everybody have no problem with VLC, but on my ASUS X53SV it's crap.
I thought it's NTFS partition, but I put movie on Linux partition and played. No result. Some conflict. Maybe should look for alternative video player for Linux. Do you know any good as VLC?

kyrios

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:50 pm

CurtisCraig wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Hi,
Video works fine, no glich, no gray. Just when I click it's opening 40s without subtitles. And I can't do nothing with it.
Everybody have no problem with VLC, but on my ASUS X53SV it's crap.
I thought it's NTFS partition, but I put movie on Linux partition and played. No result. Some conflict. Maybe should look for alternative video player for Linux. Do you know any good as VLC?
You can try gome mpv

CurtisCraig

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:22 pm

It doesen't solve my problem with VLC, but I think must find alternative. Will be hard, because VLC is best :(

I see that Solus Linux is not working 100% good, but best from other Linux I tryied.

VLC long openning video. Glich on Gnome MPV. Almost all the time Launch music player is lost music I added, and almost every time I must add it once again from other partition. Night light is sometimes turning off. Brithness of system I put down, and when system log out it's again 100% max, and I must turn down.

Hope a new version Solus 4 will be working fine. Can't wait.

Return to “Multimedia”