Nightreaver

Blizzard's Battle.net lancher wants me to upgrade my video drivers

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 am

Hi I am new to Linux and trying to get World of Warcraft working in Solus and when i try to launch the Battle.net lancher i get a message to update my gpu drivers.

I have a Radeon RX 480 8GB Ram gpu and i don't see any extra drivers from the hardware drivers program.

Is there still drivers for cards being added or something that I'm missing?

Thank you
Attachments
Battle.net Launcher.jpg
Battle.net Launcher.jpg (204.47 KiB) Viewed 194 times

eddiefoss

Re: Blizzard's Battle.net lancher wants me to upgrade my video drivers

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 am

AFAIK there is no Battle.net app for Linux, well, I suppose that you are running over WINE (something like a MS Windows emulator).
With a little googling the best way seems to use PlayOnLinux application instead which have pre-built scripts to install unsupported and non native applications

Tuishimi

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 am

DIablo III is a tricky one to get working. I had it working perfectly once, then reimaged my system but forgot how I got it working in the first place. There are instructions out there... somewhere...

Nightreaver

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 pm

I found instructions online to setup wine to play and this is what happens, play on Linux i tried again and it always has some error every time I have used it, I have had the game work with wine on Ubuntu MATE so I know i can play it could be that Solus is missing something i need or Ubuntu has something included that i need already

Return to “Hardware”