Nightreaver

Adding windows 10 to solus ueif bootloader with 2 HDD

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 am

Hi I'm new to linux, when i went to dual boot my computer it didn't show windows 10 to be able to dual boot during the install so i bought a second hard drive than found out that windows was installed under UEIF and my install drive was for dos/bios so i fixed that problem.

What I am trying to do now is add my Windows 10 to solus's goofieboot.

My drive layout is:
sda2 - EFI system partition
sda4 - Windows NFTS formated C; Drive

sdb1 - Solus boot, esp
sdb2 - Linux swamp
sdb3 Solus OS

sudo clr-boot-manager set-timeout 5 worked for me and sudo clr-boot-manager update has no output and does not add my windows to the boot menu.

Thank you

kyrios

Re: Adding windows 10 to solus ueif bootloader with 2 HDD

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Nightreaver wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 am
Hi I'm new to linux, when i went to dual boot my computer it didn't show windows 10 to be able to dual boot during the install so i bought a second hard drive than found out that windows was installed under UEIF and my install drive was for dos/bios so i fixed that problem.

What I am trying to do now is add my Windows 10 to solus's goofieboot.

My drive layout is:
sda2 - EFI system partition
sda4 - Windows NFTS formated C; Drive

sdb1 - Solus boot, esp
sdb2 - Linux swamp
sdb3 Solus OS

sudo clr-boot-manager set-timeout 5 worked for me and sudo clr-boot-manager update has no output and does not add my windows to the boot menu.

Thank you
The easiest, I guess, is to use the same EFI partition for both systems (just make sure it's large enough, 512Mb).

Nightreaver

Re: Adding windows 10 to solus ueif bootloader with 2 HDD

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Do you mean to choose during the install to add the boot loader to sda drive when adding your computer name?

The installer only had 1 choice available, I also installed Ubuntu mate to try out on sdb and it sees my windows but not my solus, also my solus boot up can only see itself.

from Ubuntu it seems like there all in the same location unless im looking at things wrong.

Thanks
Attachments
EFI directery in Ubuntu.jpg
EFI directery in Ubuntu.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 129 times

Return to “Installation”