xyzdig

My trackpad doesn't work

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:53 pm

I am currently dual booting Solus and Windows 10, and for some reason my trackpad doesn't work after I installed Solus. I remember when I booted the live USB sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. A mouse does work, but I need the trackpad... What do I do?

geoffrey.A

Re: My trackpad doesn't work

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:45 am

I remember that when I first installed Solus on an Acer Travelmate B117 . . . the trackpad "seemed" to be completely unresponsive. But the mouse worked fine.

So I found the shortcut or hotkey combo that toggles the trackpad (so F1, F7 or F8 are common - but check your systems user manual pdf). But, upon pressing that combo hotkey didn't do anything (at least it wasn't readily apparent).

But when I restarted the laptop, the trackpad was completely functional. And if I toggled the hot-key again (turning off the trackpad), and rebooted, the trackpad was NOT functional. In other words, whatever the current "state" was written to the appropriate config file.

Give it a try, perhaps this will work for your hardware also.

xyzdig

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 pm

geoffrey.A wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:45 am
I remember that when I first installed Solus on an Acer Travelmate B117 . . . the trackpad "seemed" to be completely unresponsive. But the mouse worked fine.

So I found the shortcut or hotkey combo that toggles the trackpad (so F1, F7 or F8 are common - but check your systems user manual pdf). But, upon pressing that combo hotkey didn't do anything (at least it wasn't readily apparent).

But when I restarted the laptop, the trackpad was completely functional. And if I toggled the hot-key again (turning off the trackpad), and rebooted, the trackpad was NOT functional. In other words, whatever the current "state" was written to the appropriate config file.

Give it a try, perhaps this will work for your hardware also.
There's no manual online. I found one of another laptop from the same brand and it doesn't say anything. It's only a few pages long. I guess I should start pressing one key at a time and restarting.

geoffrey.A

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:34 am

what's the brand and model? just a tip, when making an inquiry about hardware functionality, always include your full system specs, including of course make and model. Install inxi from the software store and then run "inxi -Fx" and post the output.

xyzdig

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:42 pm

geoffrey.A wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:34 am
what's the brand and model? just a tip, when making an inquiry about hardware functionality, always include your full system specs, including of course make and model. Install inxi from the software store and then run "inxi -Fx" and post the output.
It's a pretty unknown brand from my country, so there's not much info on it unfortunately.

This is what comes up after the command

Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i3-4030U bits: 64 type: MT MCP
arch: Haswell rev: 1 L2 cache: 3072 KiB bogomips: 15165
Speed: 798 MHz min/max: 800/1800 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 798 2: 798
3: 798 4: 798
Flags: abm acpi aes aperfmperf apic arat arch_perfmon avx avx2 bmi1 bmi2
bts clflush cmov constant_tsc cpuid cpuid_fault cx16 cx8 de ds_cpl dtes64
dtherm dts epb ept erms est f16c flexpriority fma fpu fsgsbase fxsr ht
ibpb ibrs invpcid invpcid_single lahf_lm lm mca mce mmx monitor movbe msr
mtrr nonstop_tsc nopl nx pae pat pbe pcid pclmulqdq pdcm pdpe1gb pebs pge
pln pni popcnt pse pse36 pti pts rdrand rdtscp rep_good sdbg sep smep ss
sse sse2 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 stibp syscall tm tm2 tpr_shadow tsc