harrykane140693

Play on Linux installation problem in Solus

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:59 pm

I installed Play on linux from Solus software center. I saw wine also installed along with it. But when I tried to open POL, Wine not found message came. How to fix this problem. Should I reinstall wine?

Tuishimi

Re: Play on Linux installation problem in Solus

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 am

I have always installed wine/wine32 before installing POL. Does POL come up? Or does it shut down? Once it is up you can also install different versions of wine for use in your windows apps (I guess some versions work better for some older apps and such).

Maybe uninstall, install wine, then install POL?

mrazster

Re: Play on Linux installation problem in Solus

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 am

It doesn't work like that.
If you install Wine from the repositories/softwarecenter than that stands for it self and should be used alone or together with Winetricks.

However if you install anything thru PlayOnLinux it will install a predetermined version of wine, suited and/or possibly modified for the that particular game or applicati0on. So if you install anything thru PlayOnLinux you don't have to think about any specific wineversion. Just click on install and follow the instructions.

Sometimes however it can be beneficial to later upgrade or modify given wineversion for that specific game or application in order to get better performance or fix bugs, but that is a whole other issue and not something you normally have to do.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”