I'm a software developer interested in contributing to the Solus OS codebase!
I understand that the codebase is likely varied and different parts of the OS are built/run/tested differently, so my question is more about getting started and easing myself in.
I'm quite new to the open source development world, but am very interested both because I use Solus and because this is one of the few open source communities where I feel somewhat welcome to participate.
- Where's a good place to start developing for Solus?
- What kind of environment is needed (IDE, tools, etc)?
- How do devs communicate with the rest of the team?
- Is there any low hanging fruit (bugs, projects, etc) that would be good to check out?
- Where's a good place to go for help/advice?
- Any other tips for someone looking to contribute?