mrcappuccino

Slick-greeter as lockscreen BUDGIE

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Anyone knows how to set slick-greeter as budgie lockscreen. IMO gnome-screensaver looks really bad, and that black top panel is really annoying because my desktop top panel is blue.

When I used Solus Mate a few months ago, slick-greeter was the lock screen, so I'm assuming it's possible.

Thanks

teriyakitoast

Re: Slick-greeter as lockscreen BUDGIE

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm

At least on my system, slick was the default from the beginning, though I suspect that had something to do with me overwriting my old Mint installation, though I'm not sure why it would keep display configuration settings from the OS it's overwriting. Could be lightdm comes packaged standard and is default and I'm just an idiot :P Long story short, I'm only speculating here after looking through my own system.

Make sure lightdm is installed, and in its directory (/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/) I have a file called 60-slick-greeter.conf that has only this in it:

Code: Select all

# We only exist to override the default greeter to be the slick-greeter

[Seat:*]
greeter-session=slick-greeter
which seems to do exactly what the comment says - overrides the default greeter.

mrcappuccino

Re: Slick-greeter as lockscreen BUDGIE

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:33 am

teriyakitoast wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm
At least on my system, slick was the default from the beginning, though I suspect that had something to do with me overwriting my old Mint installation, though I'm not sure why it would keep display configuration settings from the OS it's overwriting. Could be lightdm comes packaged standard and is default and I'm just an idiot :P Long story short, I'm only speculating here after looking through my own system.

Make sure lightdm is installed, and in its directory (/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/) I have a file called 60-slick-greeter.conf that has only this in it:

Code: Select all

# We only exist to override the default greeter to be the slick-greeter

[Seat:*]
greeter-session=slick-greeter
which seems to do exactly what the comment says - overrides the default greeter.
I mean, slick greeter is my login greeter, but the lockscreen is gnome-screensaver, thanks for trying to help tho.

Return to “Other Questions”