keydet20

Get around Security Policy on Dell

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 pm

So I am a first time Linux user trying to install Solus MATE on my Dell Inspiron 7352. I have made the live USB with Rufus, and when I try to boot on startup I get a message that I cannot boot due to the security policy. I have tried to disable secure boot, but that has me going in circles because my computer will not boot at all.
I have only used Linux on a virtual machine, so if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong or knows a fix it would be appreciated.

kyrios

Re: Get around Security Policy on Dell

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:10 am

keydet20 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 pm
So I am a first time Linux user trying to install Solus MATE on my Dell Inspiron 7352. I have made the live USB with Rufus, and when I try to boot on startup I get a message that I cannot boot due to the security policy. I have tried to disable secure boot, but that has me going in circles because my computer will not boot at all.
I have only used Linux on a virtual machine, so if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong or knows a fix it would be appreciated.
Disable Secure Boot in the BIOS. Also disable FastBoot and if you have a SSD, make sure to set it in AHCI mode.

keydet20

Re: Get around Security Policy on Dell

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. It did not give me the security warning but took me to a black screen with a 10 second countdoun, the took me back to the boot settings screen. Was there something I was supposed to do in that countdown screen?

Return to “Installation”