priten

Laptop battery not charging while Solus is running

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:37 pm

I started seeing this weird issue where if I connect the laptop charger then Solus identifies that the power adapter is connected and charges for about 5 seconds and then shows that the charger is disconnected.

I can see that the LED light for charging is still lit on my laptop and if I shutdown the laptop and let it charge and then boot Solus then I see that the battery is charged.

Solus won't charge (or show) that the battery is charging. Not only that, if I leave the power adapter connected to the laptop while I am using the laptop then it will show that the battery is continuously draining (as if I did not connect the power cable) and eventually die.

This is really annoying. I have to shutdown the laptop to charge it.

Any ideas?

I did not update the system in last few months, however, after this issue I installed latest security patches, kernel and optional updates.

priten

Re: Laptop battery not charging while Solus is running

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

I tried running a live Linux Mint USB and it was not working in that either. Can it be hardware issue?

geoffrey.A

Re: Laptop battery not charging while Solus is running

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 am

Why yes . . . . yes it could be a damaged battery.

If you don't have the program "inxi" installed, get it from the Solus repos and run,

inxi -Fx

If your mobo supports verbose power output - you'll see a paragraph about your battery and to what degree it is capable of reaching full capacity.

Return to “Hardware”