bakano

[SOLVED] PDF Editing / Modification

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Good afternoon from Texas,

I've done lots of searching for about a week now to reduce the likelihood of this post being redundant/annoying:

Where can I find a good pdf editor? All I really need to do is add/sort pages, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything that is available. Previously on Fedora25 I was using MasterPDF and pdfMod, depending on what I needed to be done.... maybe I should request MasterPDF to be included.... hmmm ok. I will head over to do that while I wait on a response here :)

Thanks in advance,
-JMV :ugeek:

:: EDIT ::
I see
https://dev.solus-project.com/T1392
Is there a polite & acceptable way to ask someone for an ETA or just wait it out? (Still new to the Solus forms/process).
Last edited by bakano on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Re: PDF Editing / Modification

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:43 pm

bakano wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 pm
Good afternoon from Texas,

I've done lots of searching for about a week now to reduce the likelihood of this post being redundant/annoying:

Where can I find a good pdf editor? All I really need to do is add/sort pages, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything that is available. Previously on Fedora25 I was using MasterPDF and pdfMod, depending on what I needed to be done.... maybe I should request MasterPDF to be included.... hmmm ok. I will head over to do that while I wait on a response here :)

Thanks in advance,
-JMV :ugeek:

:: EDIT ::
I see
https://dev.solus-project.com/T1392
Is there a polite & acceptable way to ask someone for an ETA or just wait it out? (Still new to the Solus forms/process).
Currently there are no new additions to the 3rd-party repo until the software center 3rd party apps are transitioned for Flatpak. Maybe this is in Q2

As the app is precompiled, you can do something like this:

cd ~/Downloads
wget http://get.code-industry.net/public/mas ... d64.tar.gz
tar xf master-pdf-editor-4.0.60_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
cd master-pdf-editor-4/
./masterpdfeditor4

And it opens up provided you have all the packages it needs installed (like qt5-svg)

Geert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:44 pm

bakano,
just tried this out :
Downloaded http://get.code-industry.net/public/mas ... d64.tar.gz, extracted it to opt , then copied the "/opt/master-pdf-editor-4/masterpdfeditor4.desktop" to usr/share/applications and after reboot it showed up in the menu "office" . The only thing you then have to do is register.
EDIT
allready answered just before me
But because after extraction i noticed that the .desktop file referred to opt/.... i decided to try this out, and it worked perfectly

bakano

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Awesome! Thank you guys very much. Ok, so I'm all good to go except for the "all you have to do is register" part. I'm still pretty new to building packages from source.

Is it something like Step 13 from this post?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3388

Thank you thank you thank you... :)

bungeye

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 am

thanks Bakano for asking this question, I've been hunting for an alternative to Acrobat so I can get rid of the dual boot on my laptop :P

And thanks as always to all the team at Solus, great work as always!

cipricus

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Another way is to just unpack (no special location needed), then install menulibre and add a Master pdf editor menu entry with the path to the executable.

Justin
Development Team

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:00 am

Please mark your original post as [SOLVED] so that others can find it when searching for similar issues, thanks.

Return to “Tutorials”