zinger565

Hello

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Hello all!

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm a relatively new user to Solus, just been checking it out on a Live USB. I'm amazed at how incredibly snappy it is on my older desktop.

I'm a recently graduated mechanical engineer and have been using Linux on and off for the past 4 years, so by no means am I out of the "beginner" realm. I've tried Ubuntu, and just hated it. It was not snappy, it had way too much stuff that I'd never use, and I just wasn't happy. Lubuntu was okay, but I really fell in love with #!. Unfortunately support for #! has ended, and thus, so did my usage of Linux. I got a raspberryPi recently and that re-kindled my affection for Linux, and I heard about Solus through r/linux. I thought I'd give it a try and so far, it's amazing!

You'll probably find me lurking around the forums and IRC chat, and occasionally asking ridiculous questions.

Have a great day!
~zinger565

Justin
Development Team

Re: Hello

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Welcome! Great to hear you've found something after #! ended.

All ridiculous questions are welcome here!! :)

ikey
Project Founder

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello and welcome :D

Alzabo

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:18 am

Welcome!

zinger565

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:53 pm

So I'm back. It's been probably 2 years or so since I stopped using Solus and switched over to Linux Mint. I think I'm ready to come back, haha. Seems like you all have come a long ways in the last few years.

General use case for me is a daily driver. Right now my machine gets used for calculating brewing recipes using BrewTarget, and some light video editing with OpenShot, GIMP, Blender, and Inkscape.

My plan is to install over the next week or so and piece things together as I go.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”