Available on iPhone and Android, Instagram is a free picture and video sharing app. Our service allows users to post photographs and videos that they may then share with their followers or a small group of friends. They may also browse, comment on, and like the IG posts that their friends have posted.
For further advantages, such as simple posts and image sharing between your Facebook Page and Instagram, you can link your IIG business account to your Page. You may also include third-party applications and distribute advertisements from your Page to Instagram.
You can also control Instagram Direct messages and comments from the Inbox on your Page.
How do I attach my Instagram account to my Facebook account?
To connect to a Facebook Page, you might need to switch to an IG professional account (if the Facebook Page is managed in Business Manager). We advise doing this action beforehand. Download the Instagram app to your phone, then follow the on-screen instructions to establish a new account. If you already have a personal account, you will be prompted to change it to a business account throughout the connecting process. Please note that the Facebook Page must have you as the administrator.
How do I add or delete an Instagram account?
Keep in mind that if your account is terminated for violating the Community Guidelines, you might not be able to register again using the same username. For security reasons, IG cannot delete an account for you.
To ask for deletion, you must be able to log into your account. Check the details below if you need assistance logging in or if you forget your login or password. Alternatively, you might decide to take a break and temporarily deactivate your account.
Your Profile, images, comments, and likes will be hidden if you temporarily deactivate your account until you log back in and reactivate it. Your Instagram account may only be deactivated using a computer or mobile browser.
Here is a video to assist you in your task
For your Facebook Page to add or deactivate an Instagram account:
- Activate your Facebook page.
- From the menu on the left, choose Settings.
- Choose Instagram. Select Connect account to link an Instagram account to your Page.
- Click Continue after making sure “Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox” is selected. Select Log in after entering your Instagram username and password. You will be asked to convert your account if you don’t already have a business account.
- Select Disconnect and then confirm that you want to delete the Instagram account if you want to erase it.
- Suppose another user hasn’t already used your Instagram username. In that case, you can re-register or add it to another account once it is removed.
Remember that you might not be allowed to register under the same username again if your account is deleted for breaking the InstagramCommunity Guidelines.
We are unable to remove an account for you due to security concerns. To request deletion, you must be able to log into your account. Check the following for help logging in if you forget your username or password.
You can re-register with your Instagram username after having your account deactivated. This registration can be done if another user hasn’t already taken your account. As an alternative, you can add your account to another account.
How can I deactivate my account on Instagram using my computer for a while?
To deactivate your account on your IG account, you can follow the steps below:
1. Select your profile photo by clicking it in the top right corner.
2. Then, choose Edit Profile from the Profile menu.
3. Click Scroll down and click the “temporarily deactivate my account” link in the bottom right corner.
4. Select a response from the drop-down menu next to “Why are you canceling your account?” and input it again.
5. Click “deactivate” to temporarily deactivate your account. Select “Yes” or “No” to confirm or cancel.
How can I temporarily delete my Instagram Account on a mobile browser?
You must have the ability to log in to disable your account temporarily. If you cannot recall your login or password, look at some logging-in instructions.
If you don’t want to terminate your account but want to change who may access your postings, you can make them private or block certain persons.
Note: If you wish to remove your Instagram account, follow these procedures.
Also, remember that you might not be allowed to register under the same username again if your account was deleted for breaking the community guidelines.
To request deletion, you must be able to log into your account. Look at some logging-in advice if you can’t recall your username or password.
How do I get my data from Instagram before deleting the account?
You might wish to sign in and take a copy of your data from IG (such as your images and posts) before canceling your account. You won’t have access to Instagram’s data download function once your account has been terminated. After getting your data, you can select the link that says “Delete your account” and select Delete [username].
How do I delete a separate account?
On the Delete your Account Page, click or press the username in the upper right corner.
To log out, click or touch the button next to Edit profile. Re-login as the account you wish to remove, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Your account and all of your information will be permanently wiped 30 days after your request to have it deleted, and you won’t be able to get it back. The material is inaccessible to other IG users during those 30 days.
How do I access or review my data on Instagram?
On Instagram, you are in charge of your data. On Instagram, you may see your account data at any moment and download a copy of it.
How do I review my Instagram data?
To access your Profile, tap Profile or your profile photo in the bottom right.
Then select More Options at the top proper, setting Activity Controls. To examine the changes you’ve made to your account, tap Account history. From here, you might be able to touch on the modification to make more adjustments.
Select the date range or your preferred sorting method. Select the “Sort & Filter” in the upper right corner, then touch Apply to filter your account history.
How do I access my Instagram data from a computer?
To review your data, you must download the data.
- Go to Instgram.com
- Click Settings after clicking your profile image in the upper right corner.
- Choose security and privacy.
- Click Request Download after scrobbling down to Data Download.
- You should provide the email address where you want a link to your data email.
- Choose the format in which you want to receive your data.
- Click the arrows next to HTML or JSON, and then click Next.
- Once you’ve entered your Instagram password, click Request download. Soon, you’ll get an email with the subject “Your Instagram data” and a link to your information.
- To complete your information download, click “Download data” and follow the on-screen directions.
You may also think about deactivating or deleting your social media accounts if you wish to share a little less information online. App developers, ISPs, and telecom companies may track, record, and sell information about every click, share, and download. Only a VPN, such as ExpressVPN can shield you and stop these other parties from obtaining and selling your private information.
Permanently deleting an Instagram account vs. deactivating an Instagram account
Depending on your desire, you can deactivate or permanently delete your Instagram account.
Although deactivating your account will only be temporary, other users won’t be able to see your “Profile,” “followers,” “photographs,” “likes,” or “comments” during that time. Re-login to your account to access this data and continue using Instagram.
A deleted account cannot be recovered after being removed from IIG Your data, including photographs, followers, likes, and other items, will be permanently destroyed when you delete your IG account. Suppose you decide to sign up for IG again. In that case, neither you nor anyone else will be allowed to use the same username.
How do I make my Instagram account Inactive?
Instagram can only be deactivated using a web browser on the IG website; it cannot be done through the Instagram app. You may deactivate your Instagram account if you wish to take a vacation by doing the following:
- To access your profile page on Instagram, log in to your account on the website first, and then click the person symbol.
- Open your Instagram account on the website, then click the person icon to view your profile page.
- Click “Edit Profile,” then “Temporarily deactivate my account” once you’ve scrolled to the bottom of the Page.
- Select a justification from the drop-down box when prompted, “Why are you deactivating your account?”
- Type your password again and click “Temporarily deactivate the account.”
Your account is now disabled and will not be visible to other users unless you log in. Following “Instagram’s use guidelines,” You may only deactivate your Instagram account once a week.
Many saved files and backed up essential data using a cloud storage service. If you utilize one of these storage services, pick one that encrypts your files automatically. The cloud provider may be able to access your data and even share it with federal authorities at their request, though, since they retain the key to your encryption.
This problem may be avoided by manually encrypting your data before uploading it to the cloud. The only person who will own the key to your data will be you. Your cloud provider won’t have access if you don’t additionally upload the encryption keys to the cloud.
Even if you’ve never manually encrypted data before, various user-friendly, free encryption applications are available.
Select encryption software that works with the operating systems on your PC, mobile device, and cloud storage provider. End-to-end encryption and password storage should both be features of your encryption tool.
Nowadays, it’s crucial to take all reasonable precautions to keep secure on social media and prevent falling prey to fraudsters.