User awareness of how vulnerable their privacy is on WhatsApp is growing. By just opening a message, you may make yourself look online to your contacts, giving the appearance that you’re ready for discussion at all times. Turning down your WhatsApp online status is a quick hack that might assist.
You’ve come to the right site if you’ve been seeking strategies to hide your WhatsApp online status. Whether you browse WhatsApp on an iPhone, an Android device, or a PC, this post will give you all the information you need to know about this method. As handy as this can be for specific users, it raises serious privacy concerns for other users. The obvious first step in maintaining your privacy is to disable your internet presence. However, keep in mind that after turning off your “Last Seen” status, you also won’t be able to know whether your contacts are online.
Can I hide my online status on my android device?
Use the instructions below to hide your online status on the app if you use an iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- In the bottom menu, select the Settings button.
- Select the Account category.
- From the list of choices, select the Privacy button.
- A new choices list will show up where you may modify who has access to your personal data. To change your online status settings, tap Last Seen.
- Tap “Nobody” to hide your Last Seen status. Supposing you just want your contacts to view your status. In that case, you may choose My Contacts, or you can select “Everybody” to make your Last Seen status visible to everyone.
How do I Hide my Last Seen Status on an Android Device in WhatsApp?
People frequently desire to conceal their online status to maintain some kind of privacy. You may use your Android handset to text on WhatsApp anonymously, and the steps are listed below.
- Start WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Click the screen’s three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings, then click your way to the Account area.
- Select Privacy.
- Click Last seen and choose Nobody if you want to conceal your internet presence entirely. If you wish your contacts would be aware of your online status, choose My contacts.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Online Status on a Computer
You’re most likely using WhatsApp Web if you use it on a computer. Similar to a smartphone, this version does not let users change their online status through the settings page. As an alternative, you must add plugins to your browser. Two plugins are available if you’re using Chrome and just adhere to the directions below.
1. Find the “WAIncognito” plugin in the Web Store for Google Chrome.
2. Add the extension to WhatsApp to use it privately.
3. Tap the extension to make adjustments. Your online status can be hidden by selecting the checkbox next to the “Don’t transmit Last Seen” updates option.
WA Web Plus is another plugin that you may set up. Simply install the plugin on Chrome, open WhatsApp Web as usual, and take the following actions:
1. Click the WA Web Plus plugin after opening WhatsApp Web.
2. To prevent your contacts from seeing your online status, check the option next to Hide online.
3. To have changes take effect immediately, simply refresh the WhatsApp Web app.
Can I use WhatsApp while I’m actually offline?
Yes! Two practical techniques may be used to view and respond to messages on WhatsApp while offline.
The first option entails responding to a message via the notification panel:
- To reply to a message on an iPhone, just move the message’s notification to the left, choose the view option, and hit enter.
- To reply to a message on Android, press the notification in your Notifications panel, choose the Reply option, and then tap Send.
- You can click the Reply button if you accidentally erased the message preview.
- Hold the discussion in question, and drag it down from the top of your screen to display unread notifications.
Airplane Mode is used in the second technique to respond to a message while seeming offline. By activating Airplane Mode, you may view a statement without going online. As a result, the last time you were online on WhatsApp was just before you started Airplane Mode. Although it prohibits you from receiving new messages while active, this function is lovely.
Here are specific instructions on how to carry out this “trick”:
- Set Airplane Mode on your smartphone.
- Open the chat to which you wish to add a new message in WhatsApp.
- Once you’ve finished typing, click “Send.”
- Turn the Airplane Mode off. Your message will be received by the recipient even if you are not online.
You now have two ways to converse without being seen online. If you know the individual will keep texting you if they think you’re online, feel free to use the fast reply feature. You may permanently activate Airplane Mode if you need to respond to a single SMS but don’t want to be visible online.
When my WhatsApp status is hidden, can I still view other people?
You may modify your WhatsApp settings to make your online status visible to everyone, only your contacts or no one at all. Nobody will be able to view your Last Seen status if you set the status to “Nobody”, but you also won’t be able to see who else is online. When you select the “My Contacts” setting, you and your contacts can see when the other is online.
Can I use WhatsApp to conceal my status from specific contacts?
You can prohibit specific contacts from viewing your status changes by following the steps below: Users of iPhones:
- Start WhatsApp on your iPhone, then go to the Settings section.
- Click Account, followed by privacy.
- Tap on My Contacts Except in the Status area of the app.
- Tick the circle box next to the contact(s) whose status updates you want to conceal.
- When done, tap “Done”.
Users of Android:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, then swipe up to the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings”.
- Go to the Account page.
- Select Status, then privacy.
- Choose the “My Contacts Except…” menu item.
- Click the circle box next to the contacts whose updates you wish to conceal.
- To confirm, tap on the green circle in the bottom right corner.
Remember that following these procedures will only keep specific contacts from seeing your Status Updates. Their last seen status won’t be concealed.
You may choose to have “My contacts”, “Everyone”, or “Nobody” sees your Last Seen status. There isn’t currently a tool that allows you to only hide your online status from specific references.
You must block a specific contact in your account if you don’t want them to view your online status. The individual won’t be able to access your “Last Seen” information. That person would also be unable to view other personal details like your profile photo, stories, or anything else connected to your account after you’ve done this.
How do I Block contacts?
- Start WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- Tap the chat window for the user you want to ban.
- From the top of the screen, tap on that person’s name and choose Block.
- To complete, choose Block from the popup.Your WhatsApp Chats Are Now Private
There are various advantages to masking your internet presence. You won’t feel as compelled to reply as soon as you read a message. Meanwhile, your overall privacy levels are greater when you scroll through the app late at night. This increased privacy also helps you when you just want to unwind rather than being a simple target for repeated messages from your connections. Everything you need to know about disguising your online status on WhatsApp has been provided in this post. You should be able to use some of what you’ve learned.