How and Why
Solus is free, in its entirety, for end users. This will always be the case, and we love providing you with something we all share a passion in: an awesome computing experience! It is also true that it is not free to create and provide Solus, or any of it’s projects. In order to develop Solus, we have to:
- Operate a small network of servers
- Obtain / replace hardware
- Pay for general hardware-related utilities like network connections and electricity (build servers are running 24/7!)
- Maintain infrastructure, such maintain certificates, subscriptions, domains, etc.
2016 is dedicated building upon the work we did for Solus 1, in addition to building towards Solus 2, and we need your help! We have lots of really awesome things still on the roadmap, such as:
- Recovery System as part of the Solus installation
- Migration Tools for Windows/Mac/Linux migrants
- Backup Management.
We’ve shown we’re dedicated to the job at hand, and with your help we can do so much more. If you’re ready to board, then now is the time. Solus is an independent operating system, in every sense. We’ve the expertise and passion to revolutionise the Linux desktop, and we want you to be part of that revolution.
Supporting via PayPal
PayPal allows you to quickly make one off donations, as a quick way of saying “thank you”. All of the processing is handled by PayPal’s infrastructure. If you do not wish to use PayPal, please send us an email (remove NOSPAM and use @), we’re open to alternative suggestions!
Supporting via Patreon
You can support Solus through Patreon, which will allow you to make a monthly contribution to the project automatically. Visit our Patreon page for more details!