You are only permitted to change your username a certain number of times on some social media sites but not at all on others. You can, whenever you want, as often as you want, within certain restrictions know how to change Instagram ID. Instagram is literally a username free-for-all.
Your username and display name are two distinct things. On your profile, just below your avatar, is your display name. It doesn’t have to be particular to you, & it can include special characters and emojis. (And sure, it can be altered up to twice within a 14-day period.)
But on the other hand, your username is displayed at the upper part of your profile and also at the end of the URL for your profile. It must be particular to you. There are further limitations as well: it can only be 30 characters long, and it can only comprise letters, numbers, underscores, and periods. If someone else hasn’t already claimed your new username, users can fix it back within 14 days.
Username vs Display Name
Before you take any hasty actions, you should be aware that your Instagram username and display name are two different things. There are not many limitations on your display name, essentially your given name or company name. It doesn’t have to be unique, and you can change it whenever you choose. If you want something simpler to remember, changing your display ID might be the better option.
On the other hand, the thing that appears in the upper part of your Instagram account is your username. Additionally, it determines how people “@” tag you and what appears at the ending of your Instagram Web address. Additionally, there are more limitations on Instagram usernames.
Guidelines for Instagram usernames:
- You must exclusively own the account.
- 30 or fewer characters.
- Contains just capital letters, numerals, punctuation, and underscores (no spaces/ other symbols).
- No limited language or profanity.
Here is how to modify your Instagram username after that. We’ve also included a few other pieces of information you ought to be aware of.
What is your username on Instagram?
The upper part of your Instagram profile displays your username, which also appears in your custom Instagram URL, such as www.instagram.com/yourusername.
Only letters, numbers, underscores, and periods are permitted, and they must be fewer than 30 characters.
Changing your Instagram name is possible.
It is completely feasible to modify both your Instagram handle and name. They are, in fact, two separate things.
Your Instagram username, also known as your Instagram handle, is shown in the top center of your profile page. Additionally, it can be seen above each article, as well as next to each remark and like you exit. It also affects how fellows tag you in the material.
On the other hand, your Instagram name is only shown on your profile next to your profile picture. Both your username and name can be used to find your profile.
You can switch your username in under a minute, whether you’ve changed your real name, want a better username for work, or are simply tired of the one you currently use. How? Read on.
IN THE INSTAGRAM APP, CHANGE YOUR USERNAME
- First, open the iOS or Android app and log into your Instagram account. If you have multiple accounts, make sure you are logged into the one you want to change first.
- To access your profile, tap the profile pic icon in the lower right.
- Click Edit profile next to your bio.
- Enter your new handle in the username area after tapping it.
- In the top right corner, click the blue checkmark.
Instead, enter a new name in the Input box if you wish to modify your display name.
CHANGE YOUR USERNAME ON YOUR COMPUTER
- If you’d like, you can modify your Instagram username using the desktop application.
- Open a browser and navigate to Instagram.com.
- You will be requested to proceed with your account if you are already logged in. Enter your username & password if you aren’t already logged in.
- Select Profile by clicking your profile symbol on the homepage’s right side.
- Next to your username, select Edit profile.
Changing your Instagram username on the web
The great news is that, while being primarily a smartphone app, Instagram’s web version has advanced significantly over the past several years, making it relatively simple to change the ID in Instagram there as well.
The procedures are very similar; first, log into your Instagram account at Instagram.com. To access your profile, click your user icon or avatar in the top right corner of the screen. The button that says “Edit Profile” will appear next to your id. The Username field can then be edited before you scroll down and press the Submit button. You will be informed that your username cannot be used if it is valid and preserved.
Once more, in step-by-step terms, that means:
- Visit Instagram.com and sign in there
- To access your profile, click your image icon in the top right corner.
- In the box next to your username, click Edit Profile.
- Change the id to the new one you like.
- For “Submit,” scroll down and click.
How to Locate Your Instagram Account
It only takes a few clicks & taps to find your Instagram account.
To view your Instagram username, adhere to my instructions below. I’ve provided instructions for both the Instagram mobile app and browser version, so pick the one that works best for you.
To locate your Instagram id on a PC, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Instagram website.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- On the top right side of the screen, click your profile image.
- Choose Profile.
- At the very head of your profile, you can locate your username.
- To locate your id on the Ig mobile app, follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and sign in.
- In the lower right corner, tap on your little profile image.
- Your username can be found at the very top of your account.
- Make sure you’re signed into your Instagram company account if you want to identify your business username. To change your company account from the list, tap your id at the upper part of your profile.
Why is it that you can’t alter your Instagram name for 14 days?
Due to the most recent modification to Instagram policies, you cannot alter your name on Ig for 14 days. Due to a recently popular rename prank on Instagram that causes confusion and misunderstanding among users, users are adjusting their usernames.
How can you compel an Instagram name change?
If you have modified your Instagram username within the last 14 days, you cannot compel a name change on the platform. Enter your username in the box provided, press Edit Profile, and then touch Done to preserve it if you haven’t changed it in the last 14 days.
How can my Instagram name be changed more than once a week?
Go to your profile, press Edit Profile, enter a new username, and then tap Done to save it if you want to replace your Instagram name over one time every 14 days. However, you are only allowed to alter your Instagram username twice in a 14-day period.
Why is there no username option on Instagram?
If a username is not visible on Instagram, it signifies the user has blocked you or changed their username. Additionally, if you search for a user on Instagram, Instagram will notify you that they aren`t available if they have deleted, disabled, or suspended their account.
What happens if the changed username I request already exists?
After you select “Submit” or press “Done,” Instagram will notify you whether the username you choose is already in use. Repeat the process until you discover a username that is somewhat similar to the one you desire.
How can I change my name, username, and email address on my Instagram profile?
Before you can edit your profile information, you must log into your account.
Your name, username, and email address connected to your account should all be updated in your profile.
- Check out your profile.
- Select Edit profile.
- Enter your data and then hit Submit.
- Remember that your username change might need to be reviewed if your account has a large user base. If so, you will be informed once our review is finished. If not, if one is available, your username will be changed right away. Your new username might be announced to your followers.
- Some profile details are only accessible to you. This contains your gender, phone number, and email address.
- Find out what to do if you have forgotten your Instagram password or can no longer access the email or phone number you used to sign up.
I’ve provided a list of all the factors that prevent you from changing the username on your Instagram account. If you’ve changed your username within the last 14 days, you’ll frequently see this problem because you have to wait this long before changing it again.